Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Catty Tuesday

The other day I mentioned I'd received my For A Cause kitty stamps. I am a sucker for a good cause, especially if it involves homeless kitties and puppies. I thought I'd take this evening to show you what I've made with them so far.

The other night I made these two with Lydia's Maddie stamp.

This one I colored with my Close To Cocoa and Basic Gray markers so it looked like Lydia's other kitty - Splotchy. ;-) I broke out some of my Basic Grey Mellow papers for the layers. The sentiment (very cat-like, you know) is from River City Rubber Works.

This one I just stamped in plain brown and I used a different River City Rubber Works sentiment. (Can you tell I like their stuff?)

Then this evening I broke out the other cat stamp I got and made this card. Not only is that pretty yellow & pink piece a scrap from The Heap, but the cat images were stamped on little squares from the packaging of the 12x12 papers I am giving away here. In a rare moment, I actually saved them, and more surprisingly used them before I did the Clean Sweep. Shocking!

Since it was out, I used the Maddie stamp again and one more scrap for the background. I went a little nuts with the circle layers, and instead of ribbon (!), I used a strip of the Groovy Guava...could it get any more insane? Yes it could, because in addition to no ribbon, there is no sentiment! I had one stamped, mixed it up 12 ways from Sunday, and I still could not get anything I liked, so I decided I didn't want a sentiment that badly. I did finally color her eyes, though, and now I think she looks spooky.

My favorite part of this card was the result of me cutting out the kitty and that clever spiral tail! As I cut it out, it curled, so I decided I liked it that way (hmmmm ... I've sure made a lot of "I like it this way" decisions this evening, huh?) so I left it curly and un-attached. Cool beans!

I closing, I have two things to say:

Go buy some kitty stamps here and help save some cats and dogs!

Don't forget to enter my Blog-iversary G-I-V-E-A-W-A-Y here!

And lastly (okay that's three things), thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. These kitty cards are all super cute! Personally I love the *bite me* sentiment...one of my favourite come backs to my brother's smart aleck comments :) I really do need to get these stamps...they are soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple and pink cats? You are getting a little crazy :)

    You know I'm a cat person, so I love all of your cards. For the no sentiment groovy guava card (I will now refer to the no sentiment YET card), I will lend you my stamp that says, "Never trust anyone without cat hair on their clothes."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are awesome and I'm LMAO on the greeting about ditching a man!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)