Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Inspiration - It's Everywhere (Part 3)

Today I bring you another entry for Prairie Paperie's Inspiration Challenge, wherein she challenged us to use something in our environment as inspiration for a card. My card:


...which was inspired by this photograph, sent to me by a friend who just returned from a visit to Greece*:


This is Oia, Greece, and I lovelovelove the blue doors on those white buildings! I thought I'd stamp a bunch of images of my townhouse row stamp (from Stampendous) and stack them up, but I realized I needed to do a little more than that. First of all, the townhouses have roofs (rooves), so I cut them off:

I still had that pesky gable, so I decided to hack off one floor of that house:

... and in the end, after futzing with the spacing, I also cut out all the spaces between the buildings, then I put them together kindof like a puzzle:

I also sponged some clouds to make it less "white". I think I'll make another one and try sponging some green at the bottom to ground it a little more. (I said "ground" it ... I crack myself up sometimes.)

So take a look around, get inspired, and come play with us!

Thanks for stopping by!

* Okay, I know Greece is not in my environment, or even on my continent, but it was on my computer screen, which is in my condo, which IS my environment, so I say it passes that test.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!! I donlt think it needs a thing...beautiful!!! Go forth and sell a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you have a lot to say when you are on vacation. But to save time I will comment once.
    1. Baseball...yup been to Camden a long long time ago . My highlight? Got to dance with the bird..you know
    The mascot....then i saw myself dancing with the bird on the huge scoreboard. But it was okay...i was skinny back then.
    2. Love every single card you have shown these past few days. But I gotta tell ya the Greece card is over the top! A little light brown and green sponged on the bottom would indeed ground it so the houses don't look like they're floating. The only thing that would make it better is if it were a pop-up card. (And NO I am not even gonna try it)
    Please enjoy the rest of your week off. Sorry for the long comment.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)