Tuesday, May 25, 2010

When Less Is More

There have been several posts in the Blogosphere with pansies made from the SU Butterfly punch. This is one I saw that drove me to try it, and here is my resulting card:


I made the flower Sunday night, futzed with the layout for 2 days, and this is the final design. The white piece was put through the Big Shot with the SU Square Lattice embossing folder, and I attached it upside down ON PURPOSE. (Gimme a break...) The impression is so deep it actually feels like fabric.

The 3 butterflies were punched from glossy card stock and the colors (Elegant Eggplant & Summer Sun) were applied with sponge daubers. The purple layer is also Eggplant (no, really, it is), and the card base is So Saffron. I haven't decided on a sentiment yet ... I may let The Ladies decide what they want to do.

Next up we have a minimalist card:


I took a cue from this post (I love her blog!) and decided I could use a lot of my stamps individually and make really simple note card packs with them. No more designing things to "go together" - just plain. This will actually satisfy the customers who stop by asking if I have just plain note cards, and I never do. They all say Thank You or something else. These will actually complement my existing offerings! Oh, the possibilities! I have so many single stamps that might actually see some ink now! Note to self: hoarded stash of SU Note Cards is running low...time to stock up.

In other news, the Heat Pump guy was here for my Spring Service, and I need a $900 part if I hope to have air conditioning this summer. Um, DC ... Hazy, Hot & Humid ... HELLO! So if you'll excuse me, I have to go make some more cards to post in my store ...

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. the flower card is just gorgeous...like unbelievably gorgeous and so simple.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)