Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Something Fishy

Tonight's card is a little fishy. Check it out:


Let me tell you the story behind this card, and others like it. Yes, there is a series. A few years ago, BR #2 and I were at Angela's, just looking at the stamps, trying to decide which ones to adopt. We spied a set of clear stamp sentiments from River City Rubber Works that had "me" written all over it. It was a series of sentiments like this one, with other variations like Birthday, Thinking of You, Thank You, etc. But before I grabbed it, I muttered something like, "Hmm, I wonder if they also have a Cod stamp." Sure enough, there she was. Both of these immediately jumped into my basket.

I've used them a few times, but not nearly as much as they deserve to be used. This evening, I got a bug up my butt (bee in my bonnet? burr under my saddle?) that instead of washing the dishes in the sink, I needed to get crafty. Then, as always happens, I was distracted by the overflowing pile of unmounted stamps in their too-small storage container, so I swapped out that box with a larger container (transfer didn't take too long), and along the way these stamps were re-discovered. So to celebrate the major organization accomplishment, I decided to make 12 fishy cards. I selected 6 sentiments, and I'm making 2 of each one.

The water is Bordering Blue (sniff, sniff, yes, the hoarding has commenced), stamped with some tall grass, then edged with my new Bordering Waters punch that I justified SOLEY based on using it for these cards. I was also going to run the blue piece through the Big Shot with the Bubbles embossing folder, but that sounded like work, and I was pretty happy with the way it looked un-embossed. I can be very accommodating at the end of the day.

The fish is stamped on Naturals White with Soft Suede (hey, it was out), then cut out and stuck on with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede, rounded the corners - one done! Now I need to make the other 11, bag & tag them, and then make one more SU-only card for my June workshops.

That's all for this evening. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is terrific! Love the card as much as the sentiment.

    I forgot to mention from earlier post: your new circle labels "The Crooked Stamper" are marvelous!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)