Tuesday, September 30, 2014

SOS #171: Sunshine On A Cloudy Day

Happy Tuesday! It's time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week's theme is Sunshine On A Cloudy Day, and we'd like you to use a sun or clouds on your project.

Is anyone else humming this right now:



You're welcome.

For my card, I used both:


I needed an excuse to break out my not-yet-used MFT Sun, Moon & Stars dies, and this was perfect. I've used clouds on a sponged sky before, but not with a sun.

I cut the sun from one of my UFOs, which was an embossed paper colored with a rainbow. I don't even remember how I made it, but the orange & yellow part became a sun. I die-cut a few clouds from some textured card stock and put them at different levels under and over the sun.

There are a few more drawn birds than usual, and that's because I found a spot of ... something ... on one of the clouds, so I drew a bird over it, then another, then one on the card base, then two more to keep it an odd number. Sigh.

You know how you just KNOW you have a sentiment somewhere, but you look at your collection of sentiment sets and dread looking through them? Yeah, I was there. This is the first "you are my sunshine" I came across, so it got used. I may or may not have others. One of these days I'll figure out an index system. Actually, I made an index many moons ago, but then it got way out of date, and I gave up. Perhaps it's time I begin again. I'll keep you posted on that effort.

So, I think you should play along with us this week at SOS. Why not pop over and see what the other ladies have made to inspire you, and leave them some comment love?

Thanks for stopping by!






10 comments:

  1. Hee Hee I think we are ALL humming that right now!
    Love the sun, clouds and the perfect wee birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Leslie! I took the video off my post (I thought it might be overkill. Think I'll put it back! :D).

    I just love your card. The sun peeking playfully from behind the clouds is so well designed. Everything just works. Like, I've said, you have a wonderful eye.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Your sponged sky is so soft, and I am always amazed at your ability to use one of your UFOs and make it look like it was made just for that card. Maybe I should keep more of mine - or use the ones I have kept. If only I could remember where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, I have a spot on one of my images I'm working on and it's not a good spot for a bird lol. I need to print another image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't be your sunshine, I'm way too cold for that stuff. I like the card though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song! Thanks for posting it. Cutting the sun from that UFO was a perfect idea. It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie, your project is featured on our FB page today with a shout out about the challenge.
    Hugz,
    Chana
    www.facebook.com/avenue613

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummmmm YEAH i've still got that earworm, but it's been there for like a week, so no big deal! :) this might be my ALL TIME fave card you've ever made... which, is SAYING SOMETHING, missus... but the clouds AND the funky sun AND that perfect sentiment and i have to say the birds MAKE it b/c they add just another little bit of black to anchor the sentiment. oh yeah and i LOVE that there's the spongy clouds AND 3-d paper ones on top... so awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally still singing :) I LOVE this, and the birds? Why can't I ever remember that when I have a miscellaneous unknown CRAP on an image? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never have thought to use die cut clouds over a softly sponged cloud background! And the sun-made-from-the-UFO-pile looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)