Last night I looked through my stash for a "congratulations" stamp, and I found three. Being indecisive, I used all three, and stamped 10 images total. You'll see them in a sec. My whine du jour is those freakin' mortar boards. Okay, not the mortar boards themselves, since those are just punched squares, but the tassels - ugh. I made 10 tassels and killed almost a whole pack of the SU white baker's twine, and I
I went back to my standby mortar board image from the SU Tassel Time set, stamped it with Versamark ink onto black card stock, and embossed it with gold. Then I cut out all the tassels. No, I did NOT want to just use those caps - I just wanted the stoopid tassels.
Here is what one of the finished caps looks like:
So starting with these with these parts-is-parts:
... I set to work, rummaging through the Heaplet until I came up with 10 pieces of remnants I could use, and I made 10 graduation cards. Here is one of them:
Whoa, is that out of focus or am I really tired? *squints* Sorry about that.
Here is another one of the sentiments on the same patterned paper:
That one is from my new Paper Smooches sentiments sets. I really like it!
Here's another SU sentiment:
But out of all of them, I think I like this combination of sentiment style + paper the best:
I'll bag and tag these later this week for Saturday's market. Oh, the diplomas are just rolled-up pieced of printer paper tied with a piece of SU red & white baker's twine.
In other news, I keep forgetting to tell you I'll be participating in a blog hop on Friday for Hambo Stamps! It's a hop for both their DT (The Bacon Bits - HAHAHA!) and customers. I got in just under the wire. I had a ton of fun making my card, and that's all I'm going to say. :) So make sure to stop by on Friday to check out what everyone did!
Thanks for stopping by!