Monday, May 16, 2011

Hambo Hoedown - Balloon

Time for another Hambo Hoedown challenge! This week (okay, last week) we got this image:

... and were' supposed to use Paper Piecing and Bold, Bright Colors. Paper piecing I can do, but bold, bright colors - not so much. I rummaged through my Heaplet and all I found were muted papers. Well DUH, that's mostly what I buy and use, so that's what's in the Heaplet.

Brief interlude. "Would you like to fly in my beautiful balloon?" Sing along now:




Okay, I'm back.

Bold and bright was becoming a real challenge. I actually had to open my storage cabinets that contain all the paper I have ever purchased and found three bold and bright polka dot papers in GAH green, GAH yellow and GAH orange. I proceeded to print the balloon on pieces of all three of them in addition to white, started hacking away at them, and this finally came out:

Admittedly not my best work. I'm happy with the balloon part, but the rest of it was honestly a desperate attempt to use up more of those papers so I don't have to put them away. It's difficult to tell, but the white "sky" is colored with a B0000 Copic. I also drew in my standard birds so you can tell she is in the sky. ;/

On a brighter (!) note, I did use a piece of yellow ribbon with GAH green edging. I disappeared what was left of it, and yes, I am very proud.

In other news, I took this afternoon off and spent 3 hours - THREE HOURS - attempting to get my new wireless printer to work with my laptop. Both are on the network - I can see them from the router. However, my laptop cannot see my printer, and it's less than THREE FEET AWAY on the coffee table. I tried, and I tried, but I got no satisfaction. I might need a geek squad. Or one of my geeky buddies. Sigh. I'm going to pull a Scarlet O'Hara and "I'll worry about that tomorrow".

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I am sure you did, but I gotta ask.
    Did you try the
    " turn everything off then turn everything back on"
    technique?
    Other than that you could try the
    " #&*!#@ " technique
    (always works for my husband )

    Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny... I havce a ton of papers I need to either give away or use up... I look at them and wonder what I was thinking! I love your card though! Up up and away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one VERY bright card!! WOW!! :D I think you succeeded in using what Hambo wanted. ;)

    As far as your wireless printer, since I'm late to commenting here (what a lousy commenter I am) I'm guessing/hoping you got it working? I have a wireless printer and a not-so-new laptop. Lemme know if ya need to hit me up. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)