Today, sadly, I needed a sympathy card for a co-worker, so I did what I usually do: I trolled for ideas. I figured out I have half the Blogosphere in my Google Reader (fast approaching that magic 1000+ unread posts milestone ...) so I just searched there for "sympathy", and found this one. Loved it! Pretty, yet still somber.
I tried to CASE it, I really did. And I just about had a 100% steal of the card front when I spotted the dreaded SU logo thingie on one corner of the DSP. DRAT! So I added some photo corners and got this version:
I also used some pearls under the sentiment instead of a bow.
This is an A2 - 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 - and maybe not big enough, even though I didn't put anything on the inside. So I made another one:
This one is 5x7, and the changes in the layout were totally driven by the size of that piece of DSP. I opted to cut a double-scallop edge with my nifty new MFT die, and I tied some retired Baja Breeze satin ribbon over the gap between the papers.
I think it works. Too bad it's for such a sad occasion. :(
Thanks for stopping by!