Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hambo Hoedown - Sketchy!

This week's Hambo Hoedown challenge was to use their image with this sketch:

You know me: I'm all about sketches! They gave us a Zombie Bunny image, which is very cute, but I'm kinda Halloween'd out. It's one of the perils of stamping - you need to be one or two holidays ahead at all times, so by the time the actual holiday rolls around, you are so over it. :(

BUT, the nice thing about these challenges is you can play with ANY Hambo image, so I used the Silly Birds again and made this:

You can see I turned the sketch 90 degrees, which worked better for the image. I used a humongous button as the circle element of the sketch (it's from the SU Spice Cake collection (Holiday Mini) that I was enabled to buy because someone said "magnets"). The sentiment is from a Paper Smooches set. The papers are retired SU DSP from the Heaplet, and they determined what colors I'd use for the image, layers and button.

By the way, Hambo is having a huge "Hogtoberfest" sale right now! So if you like their images, head on over to their Talk to the Ham blog to check out the details! And play this week's sketch challenge, why don't ya?!

I'm off to stamp some more! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Those birds are one of my favorite digi images, and you've fit them just perfectly into this nestie shape. Great job with the sketch, and the big button is the perfect touch! Thanks for the shout-out about the sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I just love that you used such a huge button for the circle in the sketch! And the birds in that die shape are perfect :) Thanks for joining us at the Hoedown this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)