Monday, October 3, 2011

Two More HYCCT Challenge Cards

One of the Saturday challenges for the Splitcoast Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT) stamp-o-rama was Encircled With Love, where we were asked to make a round card. I failed to execute this partly because my largest circle Nestability is maybe 4" and it's toooo smaaaaall for me to deal with. It really needs to be larger, I think, especially since we're mailing all of these for people to use. But tonight I decided to use my big ole circle cutter and I cut two 5" circles. I'm much happier with myself now.

Here's the card:

Simple simple simple. And mostly round. I never said I was any good with that circle cutter. And anyway, it looks "hand-made" now. :) I cut the DSP at 4 3/4. I was actually going to use the other side of the paper, but when I flipped it over to apply the adhesive, I decided I liked this embossed side better. I added a Hero Arts sentiment and called it done.

In case you are wondering, I scored the back circle about 3/4" down, applied a strip of red sticky tape, and stuck them together. It flips open nicely, and the front is still flat.

Today's challenge was Real Men Wear Pink where we were asked to make a manly card with pink on it somewhere. I took out my 12x12 pack of Graphic 45 "manly" papers and chose a strip of three of the old cars. They are actually too big for an A2 card, so this is 5x7:

The patterned layer is the back of another piece from the same pack. Do you see the pink? Check out the tires on the top vehicle. :) I tried to add a sentiment, but it just destroyed the symmetry, so I opted to leave it sentiment-less.

I'm off to post these over at SCS, and I'll get a package of them sent out to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center later this week. I hope to send them weekly so the patients and families get some all month long. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. brilliant AWESOME totally amazing cards!!!

    i looooove the round one! i do not see anywhere it is less than round, btw! (& well done for making it one that OPENS... my round cards are almost always "postcards" b/c yes i am that lazy!!!)

    i adore the cars on the second card AND the fact that YEAH i saw the pink as soon as i looked for it and it's such a cool way to add that in "naturally"! i would've been really REALLY stumped by that challenge but you ROCKED IT missus! ♥♥♥

    ps: it's a fabulous cause for which to make cards, also!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! That simple pink card is so yummy I could snack on it. LOVE the pink on pink (and I'm that way with my circle cutter too. I always end up distressing the edges to hide the cut)). And the cars. OH man, My Papa would flip for that card. It rocks. The pink is so dandy. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)