Monday, October 10, 2011

HYCCT - Colors of Hope

I am woefully behind on the HYCCT challenges over at Splitcoast, but this gives me more time to think about them, and maybe magic will happen. Like just now, for instance. I'm on vacation this week, but instead of stamping, I'm mostly trying to get more organized. I'm emptying boxes, purging card stock to make room to put away the newer papers, losing some tables that only serve as collecting points for "stuff" ... you know: organized.

In my travels, I found a piece of green card stock (Bazzill, I believe) from a previous project, and my brain went all "OMG THERE'S A HYCCT CHALLENGE THAT USES GREEN AND NOT THE DREADED (gah) PINK" and I got distracted. The challenge for 11-07 is to use the Colors of Hope, which are green (yay) and yellow (which represent hope) and brown (which represents comfort).

I grabbed a remnant of Beau Chateau vanilla with brown spots, but it had a punch out of it:

so I embraced it. Instead of cutting it off, I used it to my advantage and made this:

The sentiment panel was cut from another remnant of the Beau Chateau paper using a die from an until-now-unopened pack of Nestabilities, and the sentiment is from the SU Best Yet set (Hostess, old) stamped in Soft Suede. The roses, my yellow element, are from Recollections (moment of silence).

I'm happy with it! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my cleaning.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)