Tuesday, June 4, 2013

SOS #104 No Patterned Paper

Happy Tuesday, and welcome to a new Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week we challenge you to make a card with no patterned paper. That's right! Whether you call it patterned, or designer series, or "my precious", just keep your paws off of it this week. Here's your chance to use all your must-have background stamps or graphic stamps or floral sets and make your own paper or pattern. What about embossing folders?  Or go nekkid and make something with no pattern at all! Just have fun!

Here's my entry:


See those colors? They came from these markers:


Do those look neon to you? Only the yellow one actually is. Once I colored them onto the background and they were NOT neon, I looked at them more closely and saw the yellow one is different than the others. Then I remembered waaay back to when I snagged these at Staples and was stumped because there were so many different markers all on the same display. I chose poorly. I wanted this to be a neon card. I had a sad. :(

Then I remembered I had some Heidi Swapp neon gel pens, so I made this:



Then I was happeeeeeee! :)

Now it's YOUR turn. Go into your stash and see what you can use to make a card without using any patterned paper! Remember, this is all about using your stuff! Then come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used but not linked below: Sharpies, misc button.





5 comments:

  1. As a girl who had her childhood in the 80's, I am not a fan of neon so I like your first card more. (I <3 rainbow color schemes.) Both are lovely though. And there are buttons. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please to not haz a sad, not even temporarily, b/c even if not technically neon, the bright colors are BRIGHT!!!!!!! (neon's good too, tho, it must be said!) ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are both pretty. That's yet another stamp of mine that has never seen ink. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think they're both cool! I am having trouble embracing neon myself...too much 80s trauma? I don't know. But I like it when YOU do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did with that tweed pattern stamp. Such a fun cool card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)