Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hello

If you've read more than one of my blog posts (THANK YOU!), you know I'm easily enabled. It will come to you as no surprise then that I started adding the new Memento Luxe pigment inks to my various online wish lists, just waiting for the right moment to cave in and buy a few. That moment came when two things happened in rapid succession. First, Jennifer McGuire posted her Ink Comparison video. She is very enabling, but it comes with some great analysis to help you form your own opinion about what would be best for you and your own style and budget.

Second, my Ellen Hutson email came through with a 20% off your entire order coupon. Inks ... sale ... SOLD! I caved. And tonight they arrived Chez Crooked, so I got to work.

When I ordered the inks (and no, I did not get them all), I had a project in mind from maybe two Online Card Classes ago where Jennifer used a leaf stamp to make a flower with nice bright colors. That's what I did tonight. Here she is:


I bought mostly the brighter colors of Luxe inks for this ... um, is it a technique? It only took me three or four tries to get it mostly even, too. That leaf is from the Avery Elle Modern Leaves stamp set that I needed to do this ... technique. Also, it's a very cool stamp set. Just sayin'.

The sentiment is from the same set, and it's stamped in Hero Hues black. I put three dots of Enamel Accents next to it because it needed something, and sequins didn't look right, and the Enamel Accents bottle was still on my desk. I do think proximity is 80% responsible for what I do at that desk.

I trimmed the top layer down to where it didn't fit nicely on an A2 card front, so I got creative. The front you see here is only 4" wide, but the back of the card is 4 1/4". I had to lay it down to take the photo:


I cut a strip from a sheet of washi tape and put it on the inside edge of the back. I like the sheets because you can mix up how you choose to cut the paper and it gives you lots of alternatives pattern-wise. I think the stripes give this card a little je ne sai quoi, and cuts all that white.

I kinda like how this turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:
Inks: Memento Luxe Ink in Rose Bud, Morocco, Dandelion, Pear Tart and Bahama Blue; Hero Hues black
Stamps: Avery Elle Modern Leaves stamp set.
Card stock: Neenah Solar White, SU Basic Black.
Other: Enamel Accents, Corner Chomper, Fiskars paper trimmer, Teflon bone folder, MS mini score board, Recollections button, Lifestyle Crafts Shape 'N Tape - black, SU twine.


11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, lovely wit! You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this turned out! It seems every time I manage to pare back my supplies something new pops up that I want to try. These inks have me teeter-tottering on that brink again so I can totally relate. Enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!! I caved on the Luxe inks for the exact same reasons as you! I only ordered 3 colors, and they don't particularly go together. How long is that sale???? Anyway, your card is LUXEy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're killing me! I don't want to want more inks. Stoppit. Love the card, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm.....very crisp and clean. These new friends of yours are teaching you new tricks. I like it. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly stamped and I love them both!!! Fabulous cards...and not even slightly crooked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooo its so pretty. new inks are yummy!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)