Tuesday, August 13, 2013

SOS #114 - Color or Woodgrain

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week we ask you to use this color combination in your creation:



- OR - use woodgrain. Or heck - use both!

I started out with the colors, but ended up with mostly woodgrain:


I did direct-to-paper with a piece of woodgrain card stock and my Hero Arts Soft Pool ink pad. It's unevenly inked, and I like it that way. :) I cut the circle with my Lil' Inker Stitched Mats: Circles (I loooooove how it leaves a faux stitched edge behind!) Then I die-cut another circle - larger than the opening - out of the same woodgrain card stock and I inked that one up with Soft Sand.

The owl is from Paper Smooches, and I have to tell you: a few of my first attempts were in the colors in the color graphic above, and, well, he was fugly. Just too too, if you know what I mean. So I stamped him again and went with muted browns. I did add Enamel Accents to his eyeballs when I was finished, the better to see you! Also, I like that his wing drapes over the opening a bit.

Because my Woohoo! sentiment was still out on my desk, I used it, then put it away. You're welcome. I went back to the color thing and added an old SU button from my Every Color Green But The One I Need jar of green-ish-yellow-y buttons as opposed to my jar of Every Color But The One I Need jar of green-ish-blue-y buttons.

Now it's your turn! Go into your stash and pull out stuff to match the color part of the challenge, or use something woodgrain-y, then make a card and come back to Shopping Our Stash so we can see what you've made.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Lil' Inker Stitched Mats: Circles, SU twine, SU button, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. This is super sweet. Love the self colored wood grain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooh! the faux stitching is actually BUILT IN to the die, you say??!?! HOLY WOW! that is beyond awesome, as you've so brilliant proven right here! love, love, LOVE this, missus! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: & YEAH that inky woodgrain background totally ROCKS, too!!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! The little owl is so cute and I love what you did with the woodgrain. I must get some of that card stock soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable! Love the PS owl and of course the perfect sentiment. Your wood grain is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who suffers from 'every colour X but the one I need' syndrome. No wonder we keep buying stuff. ARGH.
    I love how this owl peeks out from the opening! And that's just a fun sentiment. I don't think mine's seen ink yet....ahem.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)