Saturday, August 3, 2013

Oh ... Flock

I apologize in advance for the route my brain took with this card. I started out innocently enough with two challenges, but then, sigh. First, the current Color Throwdown challenge:


and the current (I KNOW, both current!) CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge:


and this is what came out:


Yeah, not what I expected, either, but man was it fun to make. I might have giggled the whole time.

In theory, my bird stamp is the flower part of the sketch. I said in theory. Hey, it's a simple/single image with a sentiment, right? Hmph.

I colored the wings in orange and yellow, and their beaks in grey. I knew immediately the bodies would need to be blue, and not just any blue, but blue flocking! I covered the bods in liquid glue, one at a time, covered the glue with the flocking, pressed it into the glue, and moved on to the next bird. After all the birds were done, I squeed.  Look at this:


It's so ... touchable.

Now about that sentiment ... ahem. As I was coloring and flocking I was thinking about which sentiment I'd use. I have a "Herd the news" stamp, but this is a flock, not a herd. Flock, you say? And I'm using flocking, too? It was too good to pass up, so I decided on Oh ... Flock. I really wanted Oh, Flock (with a comma), but I couldn't find the comma on my Dymo Labeler, so I had to resort to the ellipses, which at least one of my beloved readers will appreciate.

One tip about flocking: it can be re-positioned as long as the glue is still wet. Use your tools. I used this:


If you have the Silhouette Pick-Me-Up (I use the sticky end for picking up tiny things like sequins or mini clouds), pull out that tool in the back of it and use the flat end to push the flocking back inside the line. I also used the pointy end to clean up the tiniest bird's eye.

I'm going to go see what else I can cook up in there.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:
Stamps: Stampotique Stack of Birds
Ink: Memento Black
Card stock: Neenah Solar White, SU Sahara Sand (lightest grey I own)
Everything else: Dymo Labeler, Stampendous Fun Flock - Blue Suede, Copics (Y19, YR04, C2 and 0), Zig Two Way Glue Pen, Silhouette PickMeUp tool, Multiline Black .1, Corner Chomper

7 comments:

  1. Oh....Flock !
    Hmmm......... I do believe I would be one of those beloved readers........
    I don't know why......It's just easier.....
    I guess I do it while I am thinking of the next phrase to type......
    oh flock I don't know.....

    anyway....love the card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, I am also a beloved reader....I love this so much I wanna marry it.
    LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these blue birds, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to pet those fuzzy birds and I want to be a beloved reader, too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...what a cute card and unique sentiment! Thanks for bringing a smile to the Color Throwdown gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these birds! The flocking is too perfect... How could you not use that sentiment?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get the flock outta here! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)