Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SOS #116 - For The Boys

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week we ask you to make a masculine card. Yep, make a card for a boy or man, or make it really tough and make one for a male teen. I dare you.

When I need a masculine card, I go for patterned paper. This time I used my still-out (ahem) MME Oxford Lane papers to make this:


It's brighter than most "masculine" cards, but you know what? I'm kinda tired of brown and other traditional "male" colors. Also, I know guys who don't fish, hunt, camp, go to the gym, work with tools, or even like trees, all of which are traditional male images. So I went with stripes and BRIGHT!

This card was more difficult to make than it looks, mostly because that piece of striped green paper is a diagonal stripe and I had to focus my brain on trimming it to make the stripes go in a different direction.

Also, that twine? I usually try so hard to get the different colors lined up, and I inevitably fail. For this card I twisted the three together on purpose to get a more blended look, and guess what: they are perfectly aligned. I can't win for trying.

Now it's YOUR turn to make a masculine card. Don't forget to come back to Shopping Our Stash and link us up so we can see what you've made!

Products used: Whisper Graphics Divine Twine, and the following:







8 comments:

  1. i see NO REASON why bright colors shouldn't be as masculine as ANYTHING... and i think this totally awesome, totally beautiful guy card kinda proves my point. SO THERE! love it!!!!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, bright & graphic! Awesome :) And I laughed at the twine escapade...you really can't win. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - guys like bright colors too, and your card looks great! I love those 3 little star accents and the twisted twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the bright colors - all guys are drab and boring, they like splashy colors, too. Your card is fabulous, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Leslie....too funny! You did a great job trimming the green striped paper....I would have left them on the diagonal ;) And I guess now you know how to get the twine to line up!! Great card! Fun Card!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I really like your design point of view. It results in very clean, well balanced projects! Nice Work!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well how clever of you to let your papers do the work for making those guy cards! Great use of the stripes and dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)