Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ABNH: Dear Santa, Week 2



Hello! For Week 2 of the A Blog Named Hero Christmas festivities, we're making gifts using Hero Arts (of course!) and products from other companies that play so well with Hero Ats. This is what I made:


If you can't tell, it's a bookmark. I like my bookmarks to be perfectly flat inside my books, so I add the baubles to the top. This time I started with one of the images from the Hero Arts Four Snowflakes set. I stamped it a bazillion times (okay, maybe only eight times) onto a piece of white card stock using Hero Arts Silver ink. It's a pigment ink, so I went ahead and embossed them with clear embossing powder.

I was going to cut them out since the edges are all straight, but knowing me, they'd be too crooked to stack. So, I broke out my I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW but not yet opened Lifestyle Crafts Hexagon dies, and lucky for me, one of them was a perfect fit, so die-cut them I did.

Then I scored each of them in half, and I took the six I scored straight (!) and stuck them together with pieces of Sookwang tape. They aren't going anywhere. Before I closed the two ends, I inserted a piece of SU taffeta ribbon, then sealed the end snowflakes.

To make the bookmark, I used paper from the  Lawn Fawn Peace, Joy Love 6x6 paper pack, cut two pieces at 2", and stuck them to a piece of thin chipboard for stability. On the front, I added a strip from one of the summary pieces in the paper pack (that sheet with a bit of each design).

Then I rounded the top corners with my corner chomper, punched a hole with my Crop-A-Dile, fed the ribbon through, and secured it with a piece of linen thread.

Here's the back:


You can't tell from my crack photography skillz, but the stamped snowflakes are very shiny. You'll have to trust me on this one.

So why not head over to A Blog Named Hero to see what some of the other DT gals have made?

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Clear embossing powder, SU taffeta ribbbon, SU linen thread, and the following:



1 comment:

  1. I like my bookmarks flat, too and I like this one. You did a great job with the hexagon stamping and die cutting, and I was wondering if it might have been easier to score them evenly if you went from one corner to another. Would they still be evenly folded?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)