Wednesday, November 20, 2013

ABNH: Dear Santa, Week 3



It's week three of the A Blog Named Hero Holiday event, and today I'm hosting over at the ABNH blog. The theme for week three is decor items, and I got this bug up my butt that I'd make a candle. I haven't made one of these in years - YEARS - and let me just say it's not my best work, but I think it looks okay. My heart was certainly in it!

In addition to my rusty skillz, I was also hindered by the fact that I'd just moved and had like zero supplies. I even had to beg for white tissue paper! Ack!

Here is the candle:


It's round, so I took three pictures to try to capture the parts-is-parts. Those are left-to-right, around the candle. You might need to embiggen the photo to see it.

The cool thing about stamping on candles is you don't really stamp on the candle. Nope. You stamp onto white tissue paper. That gives you the ability to color to your heart's content, including GLITTER. Almost anything you put onto the paper will show up on the candle.

You can't tell because of my crack photography skillz, but the baubles on the tree and all the words are very sparkly, since I went over them with a glitter pen before I melted it into the candle. I'm kinda happy with how this turned out.

Here is the tutorial from Splitcoast on how to stamp on candles.

Why not stop over at the ABNH blog to see what other decor items the ladies and guests have prepared for you? We'll be doing decor items all week!

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

  1. I think they look great! I haven't made any of those in years, either.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)