The first word that came to mind was "Ugh". Then I turned around, took my shower, and got to see it again on my way to the front door. Ugh, again. I just kept walking.
Er ... um ...right next to that project is a stack of eleven (yes, eleven) stamps that arrived on my doorstep today. They are all ready to use, but not until AFTER I make the red cards. Each one of those stamps is more irreverent than the next, so I hope to get to them this weekend.
Yes, I know they are taking up space on my work area, but so what. It should make me work harder so I can get to USE them.
This is an example of how bad the table is right now. See that acrylic block (carefully balanced on the lamp base since there was no where else to put it)? See how I have that small sentiment stuck to the very large block? That's because somewhere on that table, under all that stuff, are my smaller acrylic blocks. I may not find them until I clean up for the workshops.
By the way, I made my boys some cookies (good, college food, ya know), packed them up in boxes, threw in some oranges (to make up for the cookies), and decided I should include a card. So that stamp is out to make them each an "It's A Thinking Of You Cod". No, that is not a typo, so forget it.
I used the retired Fancy Flexible Phrases set again for the sentiment and the flourishes around it. I like how that came out.
The original pattern had you score and trim an 11" piece of card stock. Since I wanted to make mine 5 1/2" tall, I needed a piece of card stock larger than 11, even larger than 12, so I was reduced to piecing. Piecing, as you may know, requires a lot of "hiding" for the seams. I cut two pieces and had them meet in the middle of the back of the card.
Here is a shot of the outside of the card, all stretched out, with cheesy lines and arrows.
The top part of the card in this photo is the flap that folds up and becomes the front of the card. The bottom curved part is what folds down and becomes the top flap.
In the center of the middle section is The Seam. It is cleverly disguised by a piece of paper that goes all the way to the edges of the card back. VERY clever, I thought.
Until I turned it over and had to deal with the inside.
Let me just say that if I ever think about making this card again, it will be of the challenge size, not the A2 size, especially if I use it in a class. It needs to be easy and the challenge pattern was just that - easy. I have a newfound respect for people who noodle around with an idea until they get it to work.
Aaaand, here's more finishing something I started and set aside! This is that wedding card I made with the Versamarked background that was really difficult to see, even in person, even in the magic light. Since I had used Sahara Sand on the sentiment, I decided to wheel one row in the Sahara Sand, too. The rest of the card is wheeled in Versamark, but you cannot see it! At least in the right light it looks not-so-plain.
The other day I had posted the card using the Together Forever sentiment, but this one uses the circle image from that same set and a sentiment from the retired Fancy Flexible Phrases.