Tuesday, December 10, 2013

SOS #130: Tic-Tac-Toe

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. This week we have a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge for you:


Choose a horizontal row or a vertical column, or one of the diagonals, then use those three things on a project.

I chose one of the diagonals: brads, bling and buttons to make this:


I might be in a neon phase right now. I followed the December SFYTT sketch over at Reverse Confetti:


It's a bit wild, but it let me open and use a bunch of recent neon acquisitions as well as some old neon stuff, so this was a perfect blend. The brads and washi tape are new, and the Hero Arts stamp set and the variegated twine are old, as are my HA neon inks and the green bling I used on the letters. The buttons are old, but never used, so I'm pretty happy I could use two of them here!

I had A Moment and actually sewed the buttons through the layers of card stock. Also, the orange stripes down the sides are from a scrap of white card stock I colored with HA neon orange ink. A perfect match every time! :)

Now it's your turn. Look over the tic-tac-toe board, then go dig into your stash and find some stuff to use, make a card or other project, then link us up at Shopping Our Stash so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Recollections washi tape, Recollections bling, misc buttons, Recollections neon brads, SU white twine, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. It is bright but I like the neon colors. Did you make that twine embellishment yourself? It's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nuthin' wrong with having a neon phase, especially when you make cooool stuffs that look like THIS!!! love it! living colorfully for sure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for organizing work! Take all those chores, and make a tic-tac-toe out of them! Let's see, today it'll be "Hammer, Squeegee, Toilet Brush" OK, just be careful not to break the glass... :> Lookin good, Les!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since it's been so dark and gloomy around here the neon colors are a breath of fresh air. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That twine embellie totally draws the eye! I love this :)
    I may also be addicted to neon. I bought a package of neon underwear, for pete's sake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome CAS design! Love the wonderful colors! You made great use of the Sketch!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. That twine element you created is super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun and fabulous card! love those circle elements and the colors. super cute. thanks for playing with us at RC.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)