Tuesday, December 31, 2013

SOS #132: Use the Last of Something

It's Tuesday, and time for another Shopping Our Stash challenge. This week, since we were so bold as to schedule a challenge for the last day of the year, we ask you to use the last of something. Yep, you have to use up something in your stash.

I rummaged in my miscellaneous drawer and found this container of metal photo anchors:


and I made this:


I actually made four of those. I pulled out my almost-gone pack of Basic Grey Lime Rickey 6x6 papers and cut four shapes using a Labels Nine die, and then I cut one more out of another paper to make this one:



The strips of paper are also from the Lime Rickey pack. I love that Basic Grey usually includes a few solid sheets that match the designs in the pack.

The circles were cut from white, and I stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Square Sayings set. After I put in the brads, I layered the white panels onto some SU Night of Navy, then onto white card bases.

I now have five more cards for my OWH box, and all the photo corners are gone. WIN!  :)

Now it's your turn! Go through your stash and find something you can use up. If you need ideas, please stop by the Shopping Our Stash blog to see what the other DT gals have used. Then make your project and link us up over at SOS so we can see what you've made!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used:  SU Night of Navy card stock, Basic Grey Lime Rickey 6x6 paper pack, SU silver brads, Queen & Co Anchorettes, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. i love when you knock out a whole SET of cards, playing with the same idea or products! so fun and soooo awesome for OWH! (one of my goals for 2014 is to work FLATTER... but i'm not sure i will ever quite get to THAT level, lol!) :) happy new year missus!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic are those cards for OWH. That sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those little things. I;m sure I have/had some stashed somewhere. I like what you've done with them - you're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Leslie! Love the layout and the fab colors!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards. I also have those photo thingies, in lots of colours and earthtones. I must have a longer look at your blog, it's great!! love the decoder what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've inspired me to use those last few photo turns in my doo-dad box and I appreciate it! I've had them for at least ten years! LOL! Great cards, with a great sentiment for OWH, and I love this CAS design! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man...I think I might still have some photo turns too. I had a package of primary colours, because OF COURSE I DID. Gah. I love this perfectly simple layout!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)