Tuesday, December 24, 2013

SOS #131 - Week 2

It's Tuesday, and we're in Week 2 of the Shopping Our Stash One Color challenge. You'll have until Monday, Dec. 30th, to link up.

Last week I made a blue mixed-media-ish background for my card, and I mentioned I'd also made a green version. Well, I actually used it, and this is what came out:


I decided I needed to cover up part of the background, so I spent about an hour digging through boxes* looking for my Clear & Simple stamps and dies. Turned out I'd already put them away. Sigh. But I did manage to unpack another box along the way, so there's that ...

Anyway, those Clear & Simple stamps and dies have been in my possession for a few years. I bought them in A Moment, letting the cuteness override the price. And yes, this card is an attempt for me to justify that price. I might need to use them, a lot, for some OWH cards now that I've rediscovered them.

I colored the owl with Copics, and stamped the leaf with my new Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf ink. It's nice. :) I stamped the wood-look stamp over the die-cut branch, but you may need to embiggen the image to see that detail. Even though we have daylight here again, you are still stuck with me as the photographer.  I also messed up the eyes, so I had to stamp them again and cut them out. I decided I like the added dimension. :) Also, I couldn't find my huge googlie eyes.

For those who celebrate, Merry Christmas! And thanks for stopping by!

* Why, no, I haven't finished unpacking. Why do you ask? ;/

Products used: Clear & Simple Litter Critters stamps and dies, misc brown card stock, and the following:




2 comments:

  1. That's adorable, I love that little owl. You do such cool things with gelatos, but I will not be tempted. Nope, not gonna do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've lived in this house over 9 years & there are still unpacked boxes. It is what it is, and it'll happen when it happens. :)
    I had to laugh at being stuck with you as the photographer - I HEAR THAT. lol! Love the greens, and omg, those EYES!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)