Friday, February 7, 2014

Cats Rule

Anyone who owns a cat knows that nobody owns a cat. They tolerate our presence as long as we keep the food & water bowls topped off, and the litter box cleaned.

I needed a general, no-particular-reason card for a friend, and while digging through my irreverent sentiments, I found this cat-related one:



so I made this:


The cat is from the Paper Smooches Nine Lives set, and no, I didn't get the dies, so he was fussy-cut.  I actually screwed up the eyes the first time, so I had to start over and cut him out again. Stamping is HARD, people.

Since I stamped him on a piece of brown, I added white Enamel Accents to the eyeballs and waited for it to dry. Then I went back and added drops of black Enamel Accents. I still messed up a little here, but the first time the black spit all over the white, even though I tested it on a scrap first. Ugh. I tried to fix it - DO NOT EVER DO THAT - and ended up with what looked like a large white growth coming off his face. BIG mistake. (name that movie)

The teeth were also brown, so I went over them with my white Wink of Stella brush, many times, until I got them white enough. Then I went back over the teeth with a black fine-point Sharpie to re-define the teeth lines.

The papers are all from the Basic Grey Max & Whiskers 6x6 pad.

And (shocker), this card has been mailed! MAILED! *feels forehead*

I have a crafty day planned tomorrow with some friends, so I hope to get a lot done. Well, it could happen. I still haven't planned what I'll do, so I haven't packed anything yet except a box of chocolates to share. I'll also take some sketches and maybe some partial 6x6 pads to disappear them. That sounds like a plan. Maybe. We'll see.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Basic Grey Max & Whiskers 6x6 pad, black fine-point Sharpie, and the following:



4 comments:

  1. Please excuse me while I get the smelling salts - you mailed it??? It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I about fell off my chair. You MAILED this card?! Oh the adventures you have while making cards! And here I thought it was only me. LOL! Fabulous card, BTW.

    P.S. Pretty Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, that's awesome!
    Hve a great day today with your crafty peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed that you got it into the mail! I'm sooo bad at that myself. I'm still waiting for all those Valentine cards I made to get mailed. I thought maybe if I left a pen and envelopes out they'd do it themselves.... no go so far. Anyway... um...cats. Yeah. I have 4 of them. Hubby constantly asks what I do to turn cats into dogs. Ours are so firmly tied to our apron strings, no aloof felines here. It is still a great quote from the Book of Felines though, and that Paper Smooches cat is so silly!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)