Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Your Big Day

This was not the card I set out to make today. Nope. As a matter of fact, it's about the 8th card I've started, and the only one I've completed. I have lots of pretty trash.

I decided to switch gears and do the new MFT Wednesday sketch:


Here's my card, then I'll explain:


And why yes, my light source is coming from the left, why do you ask? ;/

I grabbed my mostly-gone KaiserCraft Chapter One paper pack, and pulled out several remnants to make the banners. I did cut into a new piece for the square in the background. I was kinda bummed that I've used all the blue papers in the pack, so all I have left are blacks and greens. I almost (ALMOST) had a card suitable for a black+white+one other color challenge, but I blew it when I added the blue (hahahaha, I crack myself up) enamel dots, mostly to make up for the used-up blue papers.

Okay, I'm going back in to search for my mojo. Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: Lil' Inker Stitched Mats Circles dies, and the following:



4 comments:

Melody said...

Love your take on the sketch challenge! Such pretty colors and the enamel dots are a nice accent. Thanks for joining us at MFT.

Jackie Parkins said...

I think the blue dots look great on this card. You should post a photo of your pretty trash someday. If you find your mojo, would you mind asking if it has seen mine around, please?

Chris D. said...

I don't see why you say you've lost your mojo. This card is awesome!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I liked hearing your thought process on how you worked yourself right out of the one challenge. I do that all the time. The challenge calls for a bike so I work on card with a bike and then suddenly decide that it should be a truck instead, so I change it and then realize it's a no-go. Ah... the creative process is so odd.