Wednesday, February 26, 2014

From The Ashes #1

Every once in a while I clean my desk. Wait, no, that's a lie. I do move things around, though, and sometimes I break down and use the stuff. I call this "from the ashes". Sometimes it even works!

I was cruising my Feedly list of neglected challenges and found several that needed to be done. I combined a bunch of my left-overs and made two cards. I'll show you one here and I'll milk it and do a second post for the second card. :)

I bring you From The Ashes #1:


If this looks familiar, it's a cast-off from when I made this card. I wanted to use fewer stamped rows on that other card, but since I'd mostly lined these up, I saved it instead of trashing it. Lucky thing, too! I added two rows of blue, trimmed it down, and used it as the rectangle in the current Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

which I, of course, flipped:

The sentiment was already stamped, cut and even layered, but unloved and cast aside. Because it had the word "glow", I decided to spray the rectangle with my homemade Perfect Pearls mist to make it really shiny. That worked:


The black dot things are from a bag I have hanging on my desk lamp. I put them there to offset and balance the black in the sentiment:


And because I don't know when to stop, I colored the letters in the sentiment with a gold glitter pen, because I could.

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: misc black shiny things, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. I love that AE stamp set. It is perfectly showcased in your panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do i make my own perfect pearls?!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a perfect take on the sketch and oh so shiny! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I love the rows of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Glow, Girl, indeed! And excellent card and how good of you to hold onto (AND USE!) the leftover bits from the other card.

    I had to laugh at your comment regarding my clean desk that you are allergic to white space, including cleaned spaced. hee hee. I have these CATS and they DESTROY things so I've gotten into the habit of picking up, picking up, and picking up. For awhile there I even had to roll down the desk top every night. They were younger and more insane then but I've still got the habit (minus closing the desk).

    ReplyDelete
  6. i *LOVEZ* both the concept and the cards made "from the ashes"! awesome, awesome, awesome!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flip on the sketch and the added shimmer is perfect. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card! I love the shimmer and the sentiment is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)