Sunday, February 2, 2014

OWH Sunday Sketch

Each month over at Operation Write Home, Our Daily Bread offers to pay shipping on a box of cards for every 50 cards that link up to their challenge. I think that's fantastic, and I try to play when I can.

This month's theme is BROWN. I can do brown. I decided to use Kraft, which I declared to be brown, pulled out my Memory Box Valise 6x6 paper pack, and made this:


Since the papers had clocks, I used the Hero Arts All The Time stamp set to pull a coordinating sentiment. I didn't want to cover up the clocks, so I used a piece of vellum instead and embossed the sentiment on it. The vellum wraps around the back of the clock paper and is taped into place. I cut two narrow strips of the blue paper to put on the card front so the main piece didn't disappear into the Kraft base. For my last act I punched three clocks out of a scrap of the clock paper and stuck them to the blue strip.

I also followed today's OWH sketch:



which I flipped so as not to obliterate all the pretty time pieces on the paper. :)

I made another card, too, but I'll post it separately since I can only link up one card to Mr Linky from a post. I'll be back shortly!

Products used: Memory Box Valise 6x6 paper pack, vat of clear embossing powder, card-stock-weight vellum, 3/4" circle punch, and the following:



2 comments:

  1. That sentiment is perfect with that paper. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun paper and I love how you made a card around its design. I agree that kraft is just a light brown. So.... that means I shouldn't have so many issues with it since I love brown. I shall have to ponder that. Over tea. Teequila, that is.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)