Thursday, February 6, 2014

OWH Mid-week Throw-down: Hexagons

This week's mid-week throw-down at OWH is to make a card with hexagons. I can do that, so I made this:


All the papers, except for the card base, are either from the pile of cuttings next to my large paper trimmer, or from The Heaplet, and yes, I am very proud. :) I cut the Simon Says Stamp Full Card Hexagon die from black, then cut it again from three different papers from The Heaplet. I punched out all the black parts-is-parts, then stuck the negative frame to the white card base. I put in a few of the colored pieces, and filled in with a few black ones. I did not punch out a white one and fill in the rest of the hexagons, though now I think I might go back and do that.

The sentiment is made up of two phrases from my now-opened Clearly Besotted sentiment set I was enabled to need from reading other people's blogs. Whoever said blogging was free was smoking something.

I thought the left side of the strip with the sentiment looked needy, so I added a piece of washi tape from a roll I had out on my desk.

How many of you have a collection of all things hexagon? Hmmm? I think you should get some of them out and play along! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: papers from The Heaplet, dimensional adhesive, and the following:



5 comments:

  1. i like this. very much. i dont have any hexagon things cuz when hexagons were super cool, everything was sold out :(
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    p.s. blogging aint free

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The color combo is fabulous -- with the different-colored hexagons perfectly placed. And, it's amazing what a difference that little piece of washi tape makes. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking! I love the hexagon background. Now you've enabled me into buying that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of those colors. I've had this die on my list for awhile now. I might have to move it to the top. The washi tape is a great touch and helps make the sentiment stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heaplet! I have young cats so I can't acquire a heaplet. I could acquire some managed paper bits all over the house though. You know, if I wanted to. Your hexagons rock. You have much patience to back-fill in the holes!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)