Tuesday, March 4, 2014

SOS #141: 3-2-1

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. This week's challenge is 3-2-1. We'd like you to use 3 of something, and 2 of something else, and 1 of something else. Please remember to tell us what they are!

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I started out with a roll of old, neglected washi tape from 7 Gypsies (it's linked below). I've had it forever, and it was unceremoniously dumped in a box when I decided I didn't like it. It didn't stick to my liking, plus, it has a peel-off backing, so it's actually a paper tape and not washi. I couldn't get my head around it.

Well, it re-appeared while I was unpacking a box a few weeks ago, and one of my friends suggested I use it as a background, like grid paper. Genius! So that's what I did here. I cut a piece of white, covered it with adhesive, then stuck on several strips of the paper tape. Me likey!

It looked vintage-y, so I pulled out my Memory Box Vintage Bicycle die and cut it out of black. I used Matte Medium to glue the bike to the paper tape, then used my Craft Pick to poke the holes for the Antique Brass brads. That's 1 die-cut and 2 brads so far.

Since everything was old-ish, I went with a piece of paper from my Basic Grey Basics Manila 6x6 pad. Simon Says Stamp only has the 12x12 now, so that's what's linked below.

I needed a 3. I pulled out a few feet of 3 different colors of twine and called that the 3 I needed.

Still working here ... I colored the edge of the manila paper with some Old Paper* Distress ink to give it a little more definition, then layered it onto a piece of SU Really Rust card stock I had to dig out of my box of SU card stocks. I really have no plans to unpack them. I'm hoping I'll use them up as I go and won't need to dedicate a cabinet to them. A girl can dream.

By adding that rust layer, I now had 3 layers of parts-is-parts. I wondered if I could come up with a second set of 3-2-1. Hmmm ... I declared the roll of paper tape to be the 1, so I just needed a 2. The sentiment! I used words from 2 different stamp sets to build the sentiment. The "thinking of" came from the Avery Elle Fill In The Blank set, and the "YOU" came from the Simon Says Stamp YOU set. Done!

So, got stash? Why not dig into it, pull out some stuff, then come play our 3-2-1 challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

Products used: SU Really Rust card stock, misc Antique Brass brads, and the following:


6 comments:

  1. the bike is a DIE CUT!!!!!!!!!!!! holy WOW! i can't believe what delicate ones there are now, it blows my mind EVERY time! (as does this gorgeous DOUBLE 3-2-1 card!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the diecut bike. And the use of the washi tape in ingenious. Awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double the 3-2-1, double the fun! LOL! Love this card, Leslie! Way to transfer that paper tape into a grid background for that awesome die cut bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!! I love that you made fab paper from a washi (kinda) tape!!! Love the vintage look with the bike and the ink distressing...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsome! I really like the vintage feel of this card and I love the image. Nicely crafted!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the 3-2-1 challenge idea. I hope I get a chance to play, but if not I'm taking this to my on-line group.

    Your card is great. I immediately fixated on the grid paper and then you said it was washi and I have some like that, mine's the real deal and that paper backed stuff. I'm definitely going to have to try it as a background. I really like the 3 twisted fibers. That adds a little something special. And of course that die is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)