Sunday, October 14, 2007

More Stash Diving

Another day at the beach, and it was heavenly. I actually sat by the hot tub instead of by the pool to be as far away from the screaming kids and their screaming parents as was humanly possible. The sun is out and it is hot, but there is also a pretty stiff wind blowing which makes it tolerable. I got in about an hour of sun so I did not feel like I wasted a perfectly good day by staying inside ALL day. Then I started to stamp.

Did you ever try to use up stuff, only to find out it was really difficult to make a dent anywhere? Or at least a visible dent? I tell ya, if I never buy anything else (yeah, right!), I'll never use up what I already have. But I will certainly keep trying! :-)


This card and the next one came about when I simply had to have the two sentiments from Gina K. I immediately thought to use them with my Stampin' Up! Best of Cluck set (that I could not bring myself to sell when it retired) and so they all went into my boxes o'stuff to take with me for this trip.

Instead of breaking into a virgin piece of paper, I used scraps from the already-started-cutting-into pack of Basic Grey Blush. It took me a while, but I got it laid out to my satisfaction.


The biggest challenge for me today was stamping the chicken part of the image without the ink schmearing! Man, oh, man! First I used a black marker, then the Basic Gray marker, both on Very Vanilla - even let it dry for a while - and it still schmeared! Then I thought I'd win the battle and used a Versamarker, intending to emboss the darn thing. Nope - I could not get a clean image to save my soul. Probably Operator Error.

Last resort - I switched to Naturals Ivory card stock. No schmear since the ink soaked right in. Fine with me! ;-)

I just love these chickens and am glad I found some more sentiments to use with them!

Recipe: Stamps - Best of Cluck (SU) and sentiments by Gina K Designs; Paper - Taken with Teal and Naturals Ivory (SU), Basic Grey Blush paper pad; Ink - Basic Gray (SU), Taken With Teal, Cameo Coral, Sahara Sand and More Mustard markers (SU); Accessories - misc. gingham ribbon.


The last time I was in my LSS back in Maryland I picked up yet another Lockhart veggie stamp because I finally figured out what to do with them! I just needed the right sentiment, and "Salad Dressing", also by Lockhart, was perfect! I actually decided the Lavender one looked better without the sentiment (who puts lavender in salad, anyway?)

Most of the Lockhart samples are very simple, with just one or two layers of color behind the image, so I decided to go with what works.


For both of these I used a scrap of paper from the SU Porcelain Prints paper. I matted both the images with Wild Wasabi, adding either Lavender or Lilac (I forget!) to the Lavender one, and Blue Bayou to the Leek. Both of them got the double-stitched Wild Wasabi ribbon. Except for moving the sentiment up a bit, I like how they turned out!



In this last shot, the card front is simply for perspective. While shopping for groceries for week #2, I bumped into this tiny pineapple. Isn't it the cutest thing? I had to have it! Once we finish up the normal-sized pineapple, we'll break into this one.

My next challenge is to play with some of my Rosie's Roadshow stuff I've collected and try to make something with it. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. It's a leek dress! How cute!

    I wish my grocery store had cute tiny pineapples :(

    ~Jess, where it's cold

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to look for those chicken sentiments! I microwaved my chicken set and cut off all the sentiments (except the one under the egg) and reattached them to the side. But it would be fun to have some new words for these fluffy frieneds. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)