Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Crooked Stamper Meets a Scrapbook

I finally 'get' scrapbooking! I am a card-maker, and I always said a scrapbook page was too large of a palette for me to cover with things, and that's why cards worked for me. But I've gotta tell ya, I have never used so much of my stash in one sitting in the 5+ years I have been collecting it! In a short 8 hours yesterday, I had so many, "Oh, I have that!" moments I had to stop counting!

Here is just one small example of my realization of the meaning of "scrap" and using everything you have:



Here is a really bad shot of a page of faux hinge stickers I rescued.



I thought I was brilliant when I decided to cut them in half and put them on opposite pages of a 2-page spread. It does look very cool.



[Please ignore that annoying flash reflection.]







And then I got really brilliant! I decided to use the left-behind hole thingies from the faux hinges as faux brads!

I tell ya, it went nuts from here. I used a flower sticker from part of a retired SU Scrappin' kit and I went back later and actually used the left-behind edge of the die-cut; I cut it out and used it as a frame for a page comment on a later page. Not that I need to be so frugal...I am sure I have enough stuff to last a lifetime. (What is that acronym? SABLE? Supplies Available Beyond Life Expectancy. Yep, that's me!) But there is something about actually using all the parts-is-parts of things that makes me happy. I think that's the extra punch scrappers get that maybe we miss as card-makers. Or maybe it is just easier to pull off.

Anyway, I have managed to scrap my way West from Maryland into Illinois, and I should be into Missouri by this afternoon. The way this is progressing, since it was a trip about all the little things, after all, this is gonna be one honkin' scrapbook! I am seriously considering Volumes I and II.

And keep those comments coming for the "Spot the Mistake" Contest! I have an idea for the give-away, and I am still working out a plan for my non-scientific selection of a winner. :-)

3 comments:

  1. While reading this post, the hubby has some sort of Wild West program on and it was as if this post was set to music!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using scraps and found items to make things. It isn't because I have a lack of things with which to work either. I don't really know why I'm such a miser. LOL

    (Oh yah, this is Kentucky Girl posting on her stamper identity. Oops on the before..uhm, twice.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...a lack of things with which to work"

    Ah, proper sentence construction - 'tis a beautiful thing. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)