Tuesday, March 31, 2015

SOS #195: No Foolin'

It's Tuesday, and time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week we celebrate that tomorrow is April Fool's Day, and we're using "faux" techniques. Check out the SOS blog for links and more ideas from the Design Team gals.

For my faux technique, I tried something new, and used the Faux Mother Of Pearls technique. After much playing, I decided this was the one I'd show you:


I apologize for the worse-than-usual quality of my photos, and amazingly that is possible. I took this at a crafty retreat, and I was at the mercy of the ballroom lights. ;/

I made the background by dabbing some pearl acrylic paint onto a piece of white card stock, and once it dried, I added some Tumbled Glass Distress ink. Then I took a slightly damp paper towel and dabbed the ink off of the painted areas. It's shiny!

I then used my MISTI (sorry, but I worked TOO HARD on that background to stamp the sentiment crooked more than once ...) to stamp the sentiment in Memento Luxe Grey Flannel and clear embossed it.

I used a Mama Elephant stitched die to cut the rectangle, then mounted it with foam tape to a white base.

Here's my attempt at a detail shot to show the shiny:



So, why not try a faux technique and play along with us over at SOS?

Thanks for stopping by!!

Stuff I used: vat of clear embossing powder, Mama Elephant dies, and the following:



8 comments:

  1. Ok, this technique looks like a lot of fun! You pulled it off brilliantly! Love your shiny card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I will have to try this technique! Nicely done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh faux mother of pearl - never tried that! Your card is so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this technique before. I'm pro shiny!!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I've never tried this technique either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh shiny! I've never tried this technique either - why I love these challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooooooooh! that is SO COOL! and definitely worth the effort! love it, missus! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh I wish the pictures showed how fantastic it is in real life!! I absolutely adore it!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)