Friday, May 1, 2015

CSSC #4

It's the first of the month, and time for a new sketch challenge.  Here is this month's sketch:



which I based on this card I made back in January:


This is a great opportunity to use all those big and bold sentiments, and to try your hand at background techniques. Or just use some pretty papers.

Please feel free to flip the sketch, change the shapes, add layers, or whatever floats your boat. As long as I can recognize the basic sketch in your creation, it's all good!

If you haven't already done so, please check out the rules here. This month's winner will get two of my remaining Simon Says Stamp duplicate ink pads.

The link-up will be open until Thursday, May 21st, at 11:55 pm EDT.



8 comments:

  1. This will be tough - I don't think I've ever done a sentiment-focused card! Will have to really think about this one! Your sample card looks gorgeous - love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooooooh! ok, see, i'm totally obsessed with dramatic backgrounds AND big funky handlettered sentiments, so this sketch has my name aLLLLlLlllll over it!

    ps: every time i see bobra's face on the challenge graphic, on a blog or paper playful or wherever, i GRIN LIKE A LOON! just sayin'... :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you and your fab backgrounds to make a bold and beautiful card. I missed this one back in January. Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, now I can go to bed...promise fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I checked it out. I can't make a card with a big and bold sentiment because all the sentiment drawers were the top drawers of the carts and now they are on the bottom of the pile of drawers. I could do a big bold SOMETHING though. Maybe. The kitchen floor is rather flat... that's a workspace, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I do like a challenge! I just linked up my card. I don't have any large sentiments so I used what I had and I hope it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, so, my version is kinda funky ...(& sort of not what i had expected to do, lol!) ...but i *think* it still qualifies as a fair & square take?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is sensational, Leslie! I love the design in those awesome colors!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)