Saturday, November 15, 2014

Birthday Balloons

When I first saw the Simon Says Stamp balloons dies, I knew I needed to own them. Have I used them? Maybe not. So when I found I was struggling with Flickr the other day, I begged for clues, and then I needed to make another card for the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #6 so I could practice getting around over there.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I'm not in love with those black strings, but otherwise I like how easy this was to make. I cut three of the balloons from various glitter papers in my stash. Then I cut the Happy Birthday sentiment out of black.

After I futzed with foam tape and got all the balloons stuck down, I used Multi Medium to adhere the black words. It was boring next to all that glitter, and I didn't think the card needed more glitter, so I went over the words with Glossy Accents.

I'm still thinking about re-doing those blasted threads. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Glitter paper from who knows where, black crochet thread, and the following:




2 comments:

  1. Love those balloons! Maybe some baker's twine for the strings might be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the balloons...how about gold or silver string?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)