Wednesday, November 12, 2014
WOYWW Nov 12, 2014
I've spent an inordinate amount of time in the craft room today with not much to show for it. I've been looking for a seemingly lost turkey stamp for days, and in tearing apart every bag of "stuff" I've found, I've had a few side journeys that involved putting things away. I KNOW! Some of the stuff didn't make it to storage, though, and landed on my desk.
Today, while looking for Kraft card stock, I found a bin of miscellaneous white card stocks I'd managed to miss when organizing card stock last month, so I took time out to package and label all of it. So you see, lots of time -- not a lot of crafting.
Imagine my surprise when I stepped back to my desk and found this:
Yeah, there are about 4 different projects in that heap. Time to play WOYWW! Let's do some numbers!
First, to the left of my work area sits a trimmer that is surprisingly visible. It's usually stacked with stuff.
1. Card in progress for the current Jingle Belles challenge. That will be my next post. It's also why I was looking for Kraft card stock.
2. Two Distress Inks plus blender I used to color the faux wood floor in #1. It's sitting on top of a green ink I used in failed versions one through three.
3. My pile of printed, undone challenges, topped with some cream card stock parts and a baggie of something I found while looking for the missing turkey stamp.
4. Tree from the precious SU stamp set Lovely As A Tree. May it never retire. Each year Demos from across the country sit, sweating, twisting their hands, and worrying if the set will finally retire. And every year there is a collective sigh of relief when it doesn't make the retiring list. Oh, my stamp is sitting on top of the ink I used with it.
5. A Cat's Pajamas stamp sitting on top of the ink I used to stamp it, then I threw that piece of card stock away. Stamp is sad.
6. Twine I used in #1 to cover a boo-boo. That effort made more boo-boos, but I'll whine about that in the post with the finished card.
7. Two stamps I pulled out of one of the bags through which I was looking for the dang turkey stamp. I feel they need to be used before I put them away.
8. My art eraser. It says "shit". I have another one that says a worse word. I love these erasers.
9. A GinaK stamp set I pulled out of ... see #7.
10. A stamp I used a few weeks ago. I keep forgetting to clean it, so it hasn't been put away yet.
11. A small piece of black card stock on top of a growing pile of ... I don't know what. Hmmm, I wonder if that elusive turkey stamp is under there.
12. A pile of stamped and die-cut images I made during my October crafty retreat. See #7.
13. A pile of die-cut window panes that resulted from cutting many layers of the window for #1. I cannot throw them out. Yet. Give me a few minutes.
14. A die-cut cat that will eventually sit on the window sill in #1.
That's it! Oh, and I do plan to put most of that stuff away once I finish posting the completed card (see #1). No, really! :)
Thanks for stopping by!