A few weeks ago I included The Alley Way Stamps challenge in my printed list:
Thankfully for me, it's a multi-week challenge, so I've included it in my print-out every week this month. We're up to week 3. See? Sigh.
I decided to use the color blocks as my inspiration, and I pulled out my Birds of a Feather set I HAD to have, and I used the image that drove me to need the set to make this:
I've used a different bird from the set in the past with this same modified sentiment. Her head full of feathers didn't seem to go with the "shake your tail feathers" sentiment, so I cut out the word "tail". Actually, it was already cut out from the last time I used it. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so please forgive my short-circuiting brain.
That handsome floor is a piece of self-adhesive mesh that was still stuck to my trimmer. It started to get in the way of the whole trimming thing since it's sticky, so I had to rip it off and stick it to something else. If it falls, it will be a cat toy.
I chose to use blues to color the bird, and I pulled out the Copics I'd use. I had B01, B02 and B04 in my paw, but then I stepped outside my comfort zone. I replaced the B04 and took out the B06 instead. Truly a bold move for me! The Online Card Classes: Copic Markers for Card Makers class taught us to stop being afraid, and to GO BOLD, and I'm always happy when I do.
Brash up-sell: If you haven't taken the Copics class (or any of their other classes) yet, they're having a sale this weekend. GO! GO! With the Copics class, the pre-class video was worth the whole price of admission.
Now back to our regular blathering.
After I colored the bird's body, I selected several other colors and colored in the feathers. There's even a purple in there, but no (gah) pink:
After I outlined the whole image in B0000, I added a layer of Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue card stock. After the panel was mounted to the base, I covered the eyes with Glossy Accents.
This was fun! I really like remembering I have stamps sets and showing them some love. This whole rediscovery thing never gets old.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stuff I used: a piece of self-adhesive mesh still stuck to my trimmer, and the following: