Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Circle Thanks

In my continuing quest to use my new stuff, I managed to make three cards the other day using one of my new dies. Here's one of the cards, then I'll explain:


I began by die-cutting the circles die from white card stock, four times because I wanted four panels. Then I cut it four more times, once each from four different pieces of double-sided patterned paper. This gave me several things:

-- 4 white panels with gaping holes
-- a pile of 4 white circle outlines
-- a pile of 4 patterned paper circle outlines
-- a pile of a bazillion circles of varying sizes and colors

First, I cut a piece of printer paper into fourths, covered each with adhesive, and stuck each of them to the back of a white gaping hole panel. This closed off the hole and gave me a place to stick things. All good card makers need places to stick things. This is getting out of control, so I'll stop now.

Here's another card:



I took one of the patterned paper circle outlines and fit it onto one of the white panels, then repeated this with the remaining three colored circle outlines.

Next, I sorted all the circles by size and began the process of filling in the open circles. I opted to include a few of the white circles, partly because they looked lonely, and partly because I ran out of good patterns to put next to each other and I used the white to break it up a little.

Here's the third card:


When I was done filling in the circles, I put the panels aside and worked on the sentiments. I chose the thanks for its simplicity, and stamped it on a banner cut with one of the MFT Fishtail dies, then mounted it with foam tape. I put the whole panel onto a Hero Arts yellow card stock base.

There was a fourth card, but it adhered badly to the piece of printer paper, and has an odd warp to it, so I haven't used it yet. It's officially a UFO now.

I like all three of these -- the same parts-is-parts, but very different looks based on the color of the outline:

(Please click to embiggen.)

Oh, and that middle one has a more centered sentiment, as it hides an unfortunate schmear. ;/

Believe it or not, another small order of new stuff has arrived, and I must see if I can initiate any of its contents. Some day I hope to catch up.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Leslie. I enjoy reading your posts as much as looking at the pretty pictures. Your cards are fabulous and your sense of humor is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like that higher sentiment just wee touch more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I loved the description of what happens after you run that die through on white paper and patterned paper and... well, I managed to keep of that all. I love the resulting cards you ended up with. What a great way to get a bunch of coordinating cards.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)