Saturday, November 15, 2014

Are You A Good ...

Today I am doing a happy dance since the current challenge at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is a theme that speaks to me:


I don't actually like to swear, but I have a few stamps that push the envelope, so this was a perfect opportunity to use a few of them. If you are easily offended, please just look away.

Here's one of the cards I made:


I followed the current Addicted to CAS challenge, which is a sketch (and you know how I love sketches):


I liked that I could use up another piece of (gah) pink paper from my stash. I cut it with my Paper Smooches Notebook Basic die and fluffed the left edge so they aren't flat.  I ran a piece of black washi tape across the white panel, then popped the pink piece up on foam tape.

I stamped the ladies with Memento Black onto a piece of white card stock, then cut it out and rounded the corners with my 1/8" chomper. I only colored the hair and skin, partly because I don't want to draw too much attention to the ladies, partly because I detest coloring, and partly because I colored one and really, really disliked it.

The sentiment (the STAR) was stamped onto a remnant of white, trimmed, and the corners were rounded. It was applied with foam tape so it could slop over the pink layer according to the sketch.

For my last act, I put the white panel onto a piece of Hero Arts black card stock; it's white on the inside, which I love.

I made a second card, too (I was in my element), which I'll post in a bit so I can link it up to the SOSS challenge, too.

Thanks for stopping by!

ETA: I WON! I'm Queen of Snark with this card. :)



Stuff I used: Ladies from Stampers Anonymous, sentiment from Viva Las Vegas Stamps, washi tape from Love My Tapes, and the following:




16 comments:

  1. LOL! Of course it's adorable!!! Love the patterned paper you used since it's absolutely perfect for the image. The sentiment....priceless and fun!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! i KNEW you'd be all over this AND you'd nail it and i was right, obviously! love, love, loooooooooooove this, particularly b/c it has some (gorgeous!) ♥PINK♥!!!!!! :) :) :)

    (conversely, i swear like a sailor irl, but was unable to rise above PG in a card format; who knew?! i blame my sad lack of truly hilarious stamps!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good at being a bitch...does that count???
    I love that you are ***gasp*** embracing pink...50's ladies NEED pink AND lookee there...you've shown me a new paper smooches die that I MUST add to my collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Cute card...and it depends on my mood, to answer the question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG lol! What a classic. LOVE your take on the sketch with the awesome notebook die and pretty paper. Great card! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, more PINK! What is going on over there? Have you been kidnapped, held hostage, been (oh my) forced against your will to use PINK?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Lauren - I swear like a drunken sailor IRL but it was tough to curse on a card! I LOVE this :) I'm both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card, love the retro look. Thanks for playing along with us at SoSS for the P is for profanity challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is rather perfect, isn't it? :) I have no idea how I've missed that sentiment stamp at VLVS; I'll have to look for it! This is a terrific card in every way. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So retro, and great fun! Love it! Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS - Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've created the perfect retro vibe with the 50's ladies, the pink paper, and the best part - that flawless sentiment!! LOL! Love this card! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card. Love the sentiment. Well done. Thanks for joining us at SoSS

    ReplyDelete
  13. *love* I love the retro with the swearing. And the touch of pink to make it more dainty and feminine. Bravo! Thanks for playing along with P is for Profanity at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card and can really appreciate the humour this really made me smile. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a Wonderful Card... and I love the retro feel, but the modern day sentiment... Grin... Thanks for bravely playing along with "P" is for Profanity at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sentiment...it's perfect! The colors add to the retro feel! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)