Friday, November 14, 2014

I'm Fluffy

In my last few posts I've mentioned I have a bunch of stamps out on my desk that I want to use before I put them away. One of the fun things about reorganizing your stash is the re-discovery of things you love. There's always something new (or in this case: old) and exciting!

Here is a card I made with two of my older stamps:


It's been quite a while since he's seen ink. So long, in fact, I felt comfortable coloring him with Copics. I cheated and used the colored image on the stamp index as my guide, but I like how he turned out.

I followed the sketch from Sketchy Saturday:


And now I have a confession to make. This card sat on my desk for a while as I pondered what to add for the star element of the sketch. I finally had the idea to use some feathers, and I dug out one of my feather stamp sets with dies. Sadly, the dies are only for the larger images; I'd need to fussy-cut the smaller ones.  I opted to use Staz-on and Archival inks to stamp on vellum, and after I'd fussy-cut two of the three feathers, I decided I hated detested them, and they are now trash.

Isn't it odd that you can have so much crap in your miscellaneous drawer(s), but rarely what you need? How is it possible I own NO feathers? BUT WAIT, there ARE feathers in this house. Bobra has a toy with a bunch of feathers on the end of it. He wouldn't miss one, right? So I did it ... I harvested a feather from his toy while he was sleeping. I'm sure I'll burn for this, but sometimes you need to take monumental steps FOR ART!

the sad evidence

Also, please note I had the presence of mind to run the banner through the Big Shot to impress the stitching from the rectangle die I'd used. It looked funny on top of the panel without the stitching. Also also please note I forgot to do that with the diagonal piece of paper.

Now that these stamps have been used, cleaned and put away, I think I'll go play some more.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Cat image by Inky Antics (year is 2000), sentiment by Penny Black (year is 2000), cream card stock from a pack of cards & envelopes by David Tutera, and the following:




5 comments:

  1. HA! Stealing from a cat! Btw we jewelry makers have the same problem of never having what we need, despite having tons of supplies. There should be a name for that condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You stole one of Bobra's feathers? I'm gonna tellll. Adorable card, btw. That kitty is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fun, great image and papers. I hope the feather is not missed. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great image and a fabulous sentiment. Love that you pinched a feather from your cat's toy! Wonder if my cat has anything left for me to use - she tends to lick or kick her toys to death! Thank you for joining in our challenge at Sketch Saturday this time.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, sentiment and coloring. You better hide that card in something smell proof...Bobra may hunt it out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)