Friday, January 18, 2008

A Duuuh Moment

Since I am once again exercising extreme Creative Avoidance, I allowed myself to check out the VSN going on this evening at SCS. I generally do not participate, but just a small peek was not going to be too bad, right?

The first challenge was to make a circle card honoring your girlfriends. Unfortunately for me, I did not remember that last part...all that registered in my pea-brain was the circle part. Luckily for me, all the stuff I played with last night was still out on my no-longer-clean stamp area so I made my second irreverent card using my new GinaK set.



Recipe: Stamps - GinaK Designs; Paper - Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Whisper White, misc purple patterned paper; Ink - Basic Black, More Mustard, Mellow Moss; Other - Key Tag punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 Circle punches, misc brad, blender pen, sponge dauber.

Look familiar? It should! It is basically the same card I made last night, only I cut the base into a circle first. I should have spent more time on the inside half of the sentiment (I am not liking that too much right now) - maybe I'll add some mustard...nah, that will just make brown ... never mind.

So here I sat, chuckling to myself that I'd met the challenge in record time. I uploaded the pics and got ready to post, when ... aw, drat ... I'd completely forgotten the "girlfriend" part of the challenge! This would be the Duuuh Moment.

Not to waste a perfecly good image, I decided to show it off here instead. :-)

I think I am just not cut out for VSN. I am okay with the daily SCS challenges because they take me outside my box, but not so much the VSN. For example, Challenge #2 was to do something with Chocolate and Shoes, neither of which I am into, neither of which I appreciate, neither of which I spend time or money on, and neither of which I have stamps for. Lots of sentences ending in prepositions there, but you get my drift. Bah, Humbug.

Oh, and I was very bad today, and will be worse tomorrow. Today I went shopping at Creative Mode. The woman behind this site created the 'Ostrich' image once offered by GinaK, so since I had to have the little guy I went shopping. BTW, he is at the bottom of page 36. All the pages of the catalog are not up yet, but there was enough for me to get sucked in.

And tomorrow ...ah, tomorrow - a day filled with endless errands which now includes a trip to my LSS to pick up both of the stamps I had asked her to order for me. I can rarely get out of that store with only the items I went in for, so I fear a big-ticket day. Sigh ... wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)