Thursday, January 17, 2008

I had to do it ...

First, a bit of business: I have made contact with Nicole and her package of Blog Candy goodies will go out to her tomorrow! Congrats, Nicole!

Back to the matter at hand...I had grandiose plans to be good this year. By 'good' I mean I was going to be much more selective about what I bought as far as stamping supplies, and I also planned to sell off all the retired SU stamps and accessories I had to have but rarely used (that part is going quite well, thank you!). With less buying and more selling, and add to that more new customers for the SU side of the house, so far so good. :-)

Yeah, yeah, I know, we are only three weeks into the new year, but overall I think I have done fairly well in the Not Buying part of this agreement. I have yet to hit the LSS to 'check out' the new stuff, I have only caved to tempation once and bought ribbon outside my regular monthly sampling from Really Reasonable Ribbon (I think I spent $10), and I have only spent, er...okay, but all the SU stuff I've bought was for Demo purposes, ya know? :-)

Aaaaand, I have been to the Papertrey Ink site two or three times this week and filled up my shopping cart and ... abandoned! (That's Web-speak for leaving the site without completing your transaction.) Abandoned!!! Me, with a full shopping cart! Whazzup with that!?!?!? Then I sold a few more SU sets and I felt better. Stay in the black ... stay in the black ....

However, when I saw this set at GinaK's, well, given my love for all things irreverent, what else could I do - I BOUGHT it! I cut the stamps last night and this evening I created this:


Recipe: Stamps - GinaK Designs; Paper - Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Whisper White, Misc purple paper; Ink - Basic Black, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Blush Blossom; Other - Key Tag punch, misc big brad, misc gingham ribbon, dimensionals.

I have a rule that I almost never put anything on the inside of cards. I sell Note Cards, which means YOU have to write the note! So I tried and I tried, but I could not get all this to fit on the front of the card, so I gave in and stamped the second half of the sentiment on the inside. Then I went all out and added the Happy Birthday, too.

This is on Pale Plum, but ... just blame the photographer and the bad light...

I just LOVE this font! But I also love all the sentiments in general, so I can see me having a ton of fun with this set! I may have to start a line of cards with insides, but I'll have to think up a clever name for them. I have a few months to work on it. :-)

BTW, this card totally counts for my Stash Dive challenge with (1) the brad, (2) the patterned purple paper, and (3) the ribbon. Yay!

Gotta go finish the laundry I started this weekend ... oh, bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)