Sunday, January 6, 2008

Quickie Birthday Card

First of all, let me say THANK YOU to those who have posted so far for my Blog Candy. I am in SHOCK! There are more comments on that one thread than I think I have collected since I began this blog. Maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but not by much! I am grateful for the readership. ;-) Keep 'em coming - I love to hear when people are addicted to things like I am.

Speaking of which, here is a quick birthday card I just made for a friend of mine. These papers are from the same company and since they were side-by-each in the LSS I had to have them. The paisley pattern and the blue are opposite sides of the same piece of paper - too easy! And the ribbon is from my stash...it is a much closer match to the red layer in real life.

Recipe: Stamps - It's Your Birthday; Paper - Naturals White, non-SU patterned papers; Ink - Basic Gray; Other - misc ribbon.

The friend getting this card is also on my Winter Card list, so maybe she'll get her Winter card this week, too. I am so bad ... But a local friend of mine called me the other day and read me a card she'd just received. The sentiment was: "A little miracle sent your way, a holiday card before Valentine's Day." I might just have to have that made into a stamp! LOL!

Off to write a few cards, and since I have finally designed my workshop cards for next weekend I may even get to play today!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty colors in this card. I have a terrible weakness for grabbing DP that is within the same line all next to each other...this happened just the other day with some Scenic Route paper. The store owner was grinning ear to ear as I just kept grabbing one of each from her display..what can I say...like you, the papers looked great together. Thanks for sharing such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the quickie card! I also like the purple cut-out flower and of course, the tree card. Can't wait to use my new SU tree set.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)