When I saw the current sketch at Retro Sketches:
OWH. I saw the three sections at the top as two strips of paper: a short one on top of a longer one.
I was so excited I pulled out my Basic Grey Hello Luscious 6x6 pad that only had a few papers used, and cut it - THE WHOLE THING ... EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE. ... into 2" strips. Then I paired up the strips. I'll get into more detail in another post, but I wanted to show you a corner into which I've managed to paint myself.
First, here is one of the cards:
Kinda boring (and blurry), huh? The corners on this floral piece are rounded, since the first few I did with squared corners were even less appealing. But there's still something not right, right? In hindsight, I should have layered the pieces with black, but noooooo, I'd already stuck them all to the card fronts. DUMB. Make your prototype first, people!!!
So then I tried a trick one of my pals, Linda, showed us on her SOS blog post last week. I took some black twine, wet it with some Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium, then carefully laid it around the floral piece. The glue dries clear, and you end up with a stiff and stuck-down black border. I finished it off with a bow and got this:
That's one. I have 50+ more to go:
Thanks for stopping by.
Basic Grey Hello Luscious 6x6 paper pack
Simon Says Stamp For The Record (also available with matching dies)
Hero Hues black ink (EH)
May Arts black twine string burlap (SSS)
Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium, Matte 4 oz (SSS|EH) 1/2 oz (SSS|EH)
clearbags.com linen note cards (I buy these in quantities of 250 for the lower price)