Friday, June 10, 2011

Sneaky Peeky Birthday

Happy Friday! I finally got to play with some of my pre-ordered SU stuff tonight, and ... are you ready for a sneak peek? Here you go:

This may be my new favorite paper: Just Add Cake. I love the bright colors (yes, I don't do bright, I KNOW) and that it makes a super masculine card. I also used the Happiest Birthday Wishes set, which is a new Hostess set. It has so many great birthday sentiments, it could work for almost any style of card. I went for "funky" with this stamp, and in this next card, you can see I added a little something extra to make up for the fact that it is over 2 weeks late in being sent:

I am sooooooooo bad at actually SENDING cards. So bad.

With both of these I decided to go back to my early stamping ways and not use any Nesties or other die-cutting stuff and just cut out the rectangles. This let me layer the sentiments more easily, too - just add and add until you can't lift the thing any more. I stopped at two layers, and added the orange ribbon as a concession.

Additional deets: Card stock - Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi; Ribbon - Pumpkin Pie; Markers - Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist and Tangerine Tango; Ink - Basic Gray.

In other news, I've added a link on the right (under Non-SU Stuff For Sale) to a list of some PTI sets I'm selling. Just email me if you are interested.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I like that paper! So fun and colorful. I think it'd be great for just about ANY occasion. The Birthday cards are really wonderful. In shock that you didn't use your hoarded Nesties, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you very much. I knew you would get around to making me a happy birthday card sooner or later. And I love how you saved postage by posting it on your blog.
    Preeety sneeeeky

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)