Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SOS Challenge #4 - "SOS"

This week at Shopping Our Stash, we have a shameless plug for Shopping Our Stash. We challenge you to use products that start with the letters S (Stickles, sailboats, seam binding ribbon), are related to the Ocean/Sea (Nautical theme), or anything from companies that start with S: Stampavie, SEI, Sassafrass, Stampin' Up!, etc.

I suppose you assume I'll be using Stampin' Up! products, and maybe Stickles, right? WRONG! I pulled a do-over and re-did a card I made a week or two ago:

The "re-did" part is that I changed out the blue square of card stock for blue shimmer card stock. And I'm not even embarrassed. Not one bit.

Here you can see some of the shimmer:

So my Ss were stripes, stars, shimmer white and shimmer blue card stocks.

Plus, today is Flag Day! How timely. No 's' in that one, but the card is related, so it had to be mentioned. ;)

In keeping with the Shopping Our Stash theme, I used the last three of these A Muse striped cards. That's one package down and ... too many to mention left to go. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

So check out your stash for things that start with the letter S or O, something Ocean/Sea/Nautical, or things made by a company that starts with an S. A few suggestions not already mentioned to get your creative juices going: Martha Stewart, Sticky strip (I was going to incorporate that one, but changed my plans), Sesame Street, Oscar the Grouch, Snoopy, Oranges ... you get the idea, right? I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. oooh oooooooh OOOOOOOOOH! i love this card! how totally brilliant!!! so much so, that for a moment i forgot to be embarrassed by the fact that WEEKS LATER i still haven't been over to SOS to play with ya! bad, bad, TARDY, disorganized lauren!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrrghhh! i shall STRIVE to do better, honest!!! :) :) :) (HONEST!!!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)