Sunday, September 7, 2014

Best-Smelling Card Ever!

One of the things Libby and I played with last week was the old shaving cream technique. Instead of the usual reinkers, we tried Hero Arts spray inks. The main reason for the playing was this post Libby did for Hero Arts, but since I had so many practice pieces in my possession, I thought I'd use one, so I made this:


We thought the blue and green were perfect for under-water backgrounds, and though Libby and her daughter used the Hero Arts Sea Life set, I used the Hero Arts Oceans of Joy stamp set.  My images are strategically placed to the left since I was also playing with other colors of ink and managed to splatter a few darker drops onto this piece. I carefully disguised them as parts of these fish. :D

I colored the fish with Copics, mounted the panel onto a Pool card base, trimmed the base to fit the white panel, and called it finished.

It's fun to revisit older techniques, and the craft room smelled good for DAYS!

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. Fantastic swirls of color. Looks like it might be a fun if messy technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! I agree that swirled blues and greens are perfect for fish cards. I never got the jones to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)