Wednesday, September 3, 2014

ABNH: September Sketch

I'm over at A Blog Named Hero today with my monthly sketch post. Here's one of the cards I made:


We're collaborating with Winnie & Walter this month:



so I used stamps from them and Hero Arts here.

I've been liking Kraft + Navy + White/Cream lately, and this one just kindof came together. The ribbon was some I got from SU many, many years ago, and I had to open it to use it! I cut slits in the Kraft layer to feed the ribbon through. (through which to feed the ribbon)

I used the Winnie & Walter Big Bang Confetti set to stamp the tan outlines on the Kraft panel, then used one of the solid diamonds to fill in some of the outlines with navy ink. There was also a teeny tiny circle stamp in the set, so I used that to add a few non-diamonds to the background.

Once I was done stamping, I wove the ribbon through the slits I'd cut, then layered that onto a navy panel. Then I realized I needed the ribbon ends to go further up (and down) on the card front, so I made another panel from the Eggshell and wrapped the ribbon around that. It's not even all that heavy, amazingly.

Why not pop over to A Blog Named Hero and see what else I've cooked up with this sketch. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: SU ribbon and navy card stock, and the following:






1 comment:

  1. A gorgeous card. I spied this over at ABNH where you rocked the sketch over and over :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)