Saturday, September 6, 2014

Happy Birthday

When I saw last week's challenge at Retro Sketches:


my first though was, of course, WASHI TAPE! But instead I decided to try something else. I had a new 6x6 pad of paper, even though we all know I don't need any more paper (hey, it was only one pad ...), and as I looked through it, I spied a really busy page that I knew I'd never use on its own, and then it hit me: it would be perfect for this challenge. Check it out:


Except for the sentiment and stars, that is one piece of paper. I cut on the existing lines to make the banners, and shortened some of them to follow the sketch. For the flowers in the sketch, I added die-cut stars and some misc buttons. I actually sewed the buttons through the paper and the white panel, then layered that onto a dark gray panel, and finally stuck it all to a white card base. I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of white card stock, then die-cut the YOU and added it on a piece of foam tape.

Since I've used that piece of paper, it will not be the one piece left over when I finally finish using the rest of the pack in 2056. I might have a paper collecting problem.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go catch up on my sleep. Crafting for four days is DIFFICULT and draining, though quite a bit of fun. I also came home to three packages of new stampy goodies, so I'll have even more to play with next week. Sweet.

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Misc DMC floss. misc buttons, SU Basic Gray card stock, Tombow pink dot tape runner refill, and the following:






6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love that it's all one piece. Way to use up that stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still chuckling about that 2056 reference! What a great way to use that piece of very busy paper. I'd say it verges on being genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a smart use of paper and great design...I know you had a sketch...but your card is SO MUCH BETTER than the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch! Fab way to use that busy paper...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I really really love this one too. Maybe tied for favorite? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hEY! I managed to say no to a pad of paper the other day... Halloween to boot, my favorite.

    Anyway, LOVE this card. It is so busy but fabulous. The stars are great to help break it up.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)