Tuesday, September 9, 2014

SOS #168: Chicken!

Happy Tuesday! It's time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash. This week we're celebrating the chicken, and we're to use a chicken on our projects. Alternatively, we can just use a bird, but lucky for you I have a chicken stamp! Actually, I have many chicken stamps, but I don't want to talk about it.

Here's my card, then I'll explain:


I've had this Inky Antics chicken stamp and sentiment forever, and I was happy for the excuse to use them. I fell back to my old ways of layering everything, and I think it works here. I got to use a lot of papers from my Cosmo Cricket Clementine paper pack - my go-to pack for all things orange and green.

The rectangle was cut with a Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles die, the chicken was colored with Copics, and the sentiment was stamped with Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and clear-embossed. Just so you know, I had to look up "chicken colors" to get an idea of a real color combination, and there are MANY. This Internet search was mild in comparison to the "what color is a frog's tongue" search I did for this card. The things stampers do for their craft. Sigh.

So, do you have a chicken stamp? I'll bet you do. If not, I'm SURE you have a bird stamp. I think you should go dig them out and play along with us over at SOS. And please make sure to leave my team-mates some comment love!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stuff I used: Inky Antics Bending Chicken, Inky Antics sentiment, misc cream card stock, vat of clear embossing powder, Tombow pink dot tape refill, SU Early Espresso card stock, and the following:



7 comments:

  1. ok, so, "what color is a frog's tongue" is definitely the high-water mark of cardmaking research as far as i'm concerned! but yeah, i will often do an image search on quite common topics if i'm going to color or paper piece or draw... i don't think irl we look at things with the same level of DETAIL (at least i don't, lol!)

    ps; did i mention i LOVE this?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every now & then I decide to check reality before I create...and I normally end up still on the computer hours later having fallen down the Interweb cat tubes. I love this cutie - perfect papers & that sentiment rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have MANY chicken stamps?? I have since discovered (thanks to Chris) that my one stamp set has a chicken AND a chick, so I have THREE chicken stamps!!! Whoda thunk that???
    Love your "spring chicken" card! And that layering...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken stamp...I don't think so...pig, goat and a cow...but no chickens. Where have I been?

    Glad you put one of your many to use. Layers do work here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a little concerned that you have many chicken stamps, but am glad it is a subject you do not care to discuss. Thanks! This was a nice one to pull out and use. I must say this card, which is lovely, btw, has more layers than normally expect from you!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a chicken stamp or six or some other rather embarrassing number, but mostly I have the coolest chicken cube stamp (you know one on each side). If only God hadn't invented biology homework then I could play with my uber cool chicken stamp. But alas, He did (and I have strong words about Him in the matter) so I shall endeavor to enjoy your chicken card. Living vicariously through your chicken, if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Leslie.

    Cute card! Had to smile when I read about your frog research. One of my favorite classroom questions of all time is, "Why does frogs have sticky feet?".

    Thanks for the suggestion about the label maker. I definitely need to add one of those to my stash!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)