Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Goodies, and Some Organizing

Hi, remember me? It's been an interesting week, including rough days at work followed by rougher commutes in torrential rain that left me limp by the time I got home each evening. I even broke down and got an extra massaaaage last night, because I needed it. Aaaaaand, my new SU goodies arrived last night, too! Woo-hoo!!! I just fondled them, though, and read through the catalog a dozen times or so.

But I broke into the goods tonight and made this:

I generally do not buy Hostess Sets during the pre-order period, as I'd prefer to earn them, but this one spoke to me. I really like this image, and I used the new In Color markers (Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede) to color it. The card stock is Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango, and the image is stamped on Whisper White. I stamped the flower image from the set on the Dusty Durango with Dusty Durango ink (you can barely see it, which is the whole point!). The yummy dotted ribbon is also Bermuda Bay.

My paper cutter needs a new blade so it is cutting a little rough (okay, rougher than usual), so I distressed all the edges of the white layer on purpose to make it look like I meant to do that. :-)

The sentiment is from the new Teeny Tiny Wishes set, and it's punched with the new Modern Label punch.

Over all, I am pretty happy with my first attempt with these new colors! Some time between now and the end of the month, I'll put together color charts for my customers that put swatches of these new colors with some of the standard 48 colors, just to give everyone a feel for how they compare. I do this every year, and everyone seems to like it. Me, too! When you first look at them, you think "that's just like ..." but it is not once you put them side-by-each. :-)

Okay, in order to keep this from being a(n) SU-only post, I wanted to show you that I have not been a total slug the past week. I have been doing some, er, shopping, and ergo I needed to do some organizing. Observe - my latest Copic storage system:

I went to The Container Store and bought a bunch of these clear plastic boxes. I thought the two sizes would give me several options for stacking (including keeping the markers horizontal, even though they say that is not necessary) and would also let me see the color groups so I could grab just the ones I need.

I was pretty proud of myself with my latest color choices, filling in a few gaps in my collection. Then, just for grins, I headed over to the PTI site to check out which colors they sell for their Perfect Match colors ... and I've got none of them. How could this happen!?!?!?! Oh, well. Next I'll pull out my SU Copics color chart and see how I am doing there.

Next up in the storage arena, I have A Plan. Yes, A Plan to get all this 12x12 DS paper out of my Living Room! It involves going back to IKEA and purchasing two more cabinets for The Other Room. I have Tuesday off of work next week, so I hope to get the units at least, then start working on a path to where I think they'll be living. LOTS of stuff will need to be rearranged. Sigh ... I think I got my massaaaage in the wrong week!

Did you notice that my plan for dealing with all this paper is buying more storage? Yeah, not buying more paper was never an option. AND, because I plan to buy two cabinets, I may also move some more stuff out of here, like that box full of unmounted SU sets. Hmmm ... maybe I should just sell them. One of these days it may actually start to look like a Living Room again! In keeping with my attempt to be an example to the masses, I might even take some Before & After pics, just for the record, you understand. :-)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. First of all I don't blame you for buying that hostess set...too cute!!! And I really like the colours that you used...can't wait to see the other three in action! Because of the change in the catty release month next year to September we won't get these in-colours :(
    I like how you've organised your Copics too! I just bought a wicker wine storage thingy to store mine in...but you'll have to wait til I move to my own place to see it in action.
    Finally (in this monster comment!), I would love to see some pics of the new storage...before pics of the other room would be good too....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgoodness I LOVE your card!!! I have to have that hostess set. Oh, you lucky girl being an SU! consultant.

    I am envious of your re-org. I would re-org some more if I only knew where to start *sigh*

    Ditto what Kristie said...I want pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love that set!!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)