Tuesday, June 16, 2009

UHC # 14

Pink is not my go-to color, so when I chose National Pink Day (celebrated on June 23rd) as today's Under-Appreciated Holiday Challenge, it was truly a challenge for me! I had originally selected a different paper, but I was simply not feeling the love. While rummaging in my stash, I found this piece of A Muse paper, and it was pink, so, well, you know ...

I combined the UHC challenge with something I saw on a blog or on SCS - how to cut a square and a circle with the SU Top Note die. It's too easy!

Cut your first die shape as you normally would. Then turn the cut-out shape 90 degrees and line up the points - eye-ball it to center it on the die, then run it through again. Ta da! A square! And you'll get two bracket shapes and two photo corners out of the deal, too!



To get the circle, turn the cut-out square shape another 45 degrees and run it through again, then repeat. Ta da! A circle!

As for the other parts-is-parts: I punched slots for the ribbon with my SU Horizontal Slot punch; the ribbon is from my stash; I stamped the SU Aida background stamp in Pretty In Pink on the Pretty In Pink base; The sentiment is A Muse and is stamped on a piece of the same paper and punched out with the SU Word Window punch.

Now about that bird and that tree. The more I thought about it (read: after it was colored and stuck on the card), I realized it is probably a partridge in a pear tree, and I am only 6 months off in using it. So who wrote that rule?! I say it is a yellow bird in a pear tree, and it has nothing to do with a certain December holiday. Pttttht!

Then I decided the tree looked too boring, so I went over the pears with a green glitter pen. Now it really looks like it should be December, huh? :-)

... I just checked the stamp. Yep! It is A Muse, and the name of it is ... Partridge Tree. Oh, well.

I'll be back later with a car update (see my earlier post) and at least one more card I've managed to generate today. All scraps!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! Pink is so my go-to colour and I LOVE these cards!
    Just wait...now I know about Pink Day I'm going to be celebrating in real style...lots of pink projects coming your way...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink can be difficult for me too, but you pulled it off quite nicely. AND you used scraps. AND a cool technique with the top note die. You totally rock :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you really think! :-)

PS: I've had to disable Anonymous comments, because the spammers were killing me. If you are unable to comment, please email me your comment and I'll get it posted for you. Sorry. (stoopid spammers)